Summer Energy Saving TipsWednesday, June 27th, 2012 / No Comments »
Beat the energy burn this summer and try some of these no-cost energy saving tips!
- Turn off the A/C at night and open the windows. In the morning, close to capture the cool air.
- Turn on the ceiling fan. You raise the thermostat about 4 degrees and still be comfortable.
- Avoid the oven on hot days. Instead use the stove, microwave or grill.
- Take short showers instead of long baths.
- Take advantage of daylight instead of artificial lighting, but avoid direct sunlight.
From the U.S. Department of Energy.